St George's Preparatory School - An Independent School located in the historic town of Boston, Lincolnshire.
At St George's Preparatory School we work hard to make each day exciting, stimulating, challenging and fulfilling so that our children love coming to school and are keen to participate in the vast array of opportunities on offer.
We provide rich first-hand experiences and play activities so that pupils can enjoy and remember their childhood with fond memories. Take a look at the photographs on this website and you will see the learning which occurs when children have no idea that they are learning. In fact Ofsted (Sept 2012) said: "They were enjoying themselves so much that they didn’t realise the excellent progress they were making in their understanding of living things, materials and physical processes, or how well their vocabulary was being extended and their communication skills and confidence improved."
One child aged 5 remarked whilst dissecting an owl pellet, "This is the best day of my life!"
We do, however, have high expectations - our children are expected to work hard, carry out their prep to the best of their ability and to attend school punctually every day. We expect them to be thoughtful, considerate and polite - attributes which do not go unnoticed by visitors and members of the public when we are out and about.
We feel that as parents you will agree with St George's aims:
- To make St George's Preparatory School a special place for children to enjoy their childhood
- To encourage each individual to achieve the very highest standards of work within a supportive, yet challenging environment
- To provide children with a strong foundation of experiences, knowledge and values
- To develop children to become physically strong, emotionally resilient, independent, adaptable, charming, well mannered and considerate and to prepare them well to take their place in tomorrow's world
- To seek out and develop to the full each child's special talents, thus ensuring an individual develops self worth and confidence, along with a 'can do' attitude
- To nurture each child as an individual, whilst maintaining our high levels of expectation in all areas such as academic, the arts, sporting and behavioural.
Put quite simply, your child is at the centre of everything we do! We call this a 'child-centric' approach and it's apparent from the moment you step foot into our school. Why not pay us a visit and see for your self?